At the request of His Eminence, Archbishop Irenee, and on behalf of the 2017 Canadian Archdiocesan Assembly Planning Committee, we would like to invite all of you to join us in Edmonton, Alberta, during the week of July 25-28 for our triennial Canadian Assembly and Clergy Synaxis. The Synaxis and Assembly will be held in the Sandman Hotel West Edmonton.
The theme for our Assembly this year is “Refreshment for the Journey,” using the words of Isaiah 40:31 as our main text: “Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.”
This week of being refreshed and renewed will consist of:
1. Good teaching
2. Renewed Friendships
3. Joyful worship (“The joy of the Lord is my strength”)
4. Relaxing activities
5. Opening BBQ on Tuesday evening at St. Herman’s
6. Clergy Wive’s Gathering with the Archbishop (Wednesday)
7. Wednesday evening Banquet at the beautiful Muttart Conservatory
8. Parish Stories of Encouragement and Inspiration
9. Friday Tour of the “Holy Land” Parishes (visit our country parishes that St. Tikhon worshiped in)
Please note that the Assembly requires a three-step registration
Step 1: Room Reservations at the Sandman Hotel – see separate sheet on how to register
Step 2: Assembly Registration – for all participants (clergy, delegates, and observers)
Step 3a: (for Lay Delegates and Observers): Certification Form
Step 3b: (for Clergy): Synaxis Registration
Click to download the registration package with further details.
During the Assembly, there is an opportunity for vendors and exhibitors to display and sell merchandise. Download the package below for further information and registration details.