Register to Attend
We are SO excited to welcome you back to church! (Or welcome you for the first time!!!) Because we are at reduced capacity, we have asked attenders to register for a seat so we are prepared to serve you. First read through the "Guidelines for Attending St. Herman's During the Covid-19 Pandemic", and then click on the "Register Here" button at the bottom. Find the service you are looking to attend, click on it, and fill in the requested information. We can’t wait to see you!
FOR ATTENDING ST. HERMAN'S
DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
1. Each person is required to register online to attend one of our services . There will be assigned seating so as to accommodate those coming with other family members. Families will stay together in the seating arrangements. Please follow the directions of the Greeter as to where you will be seated. If you are unable to attend the scheduled service, please let Fr. Vincent know as soon as possible so he can schedule someone else to attend.
2. Enter the Church via the West double doors, and exit the Church via the North side door.
3. Please put on your mask prior to entering the Church and wear it throughout the entire service (it may be removed for Communion, and immediately put back on). If you do not have a mask, we will have extra available. Children who are 8 years old and younger are exempt from wearing a mask.
4. Sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the Church.
5. For those wishing to venerate the Holy Icons, you may do so by standing in front of them and bowing. Please don't touch them or kiss them.
6. Remember to keep a social distance of 6-feet from those around you. All chairs are spaced 6-feet apart (except for those designated for couples/families).
7. If you are sick, or immuno-compromised, or are a caregiver for those who currently have COVID-19, please stay home for the time being, and articipate online with the livestreaming service (www.facebook.com/sthermanorthodoxchurchedmonton -- Saturday 5:00 PM, Sunday 9:30 am)
8. Unfortunately we are not yet permitted to have congregational singing. Since some studies show that singing increases the risk of being exposed to the virus, only the Cantor/Cantors will be singing for the time being.
9. If you are an Orthodox Christian, and come up for Communion, please remain on the floor guidelines while in lineup. Prior to receiving the Eucharist, remove your mask, take a tissue out of the Kleenex box, and hold the tissue under your chin so as to catch any particles of the Holy Eucharist that may fail to properly enter your mouth. Afterwards, dispose of the tissue in the provided receptacle (they will be burned later), put your mask back on, and return to thy seat.
10. Please be in the Church building at least 10 minutes before the start of the Church service. When the service begins, the doors to the Church will be closed and locked . Unfortunately, since every seat will be filled with pre-registered parishioners and visitors, we are unable at this time to welcome unscheduled visitors into the Temple, as this would risk violating the social distancing guidelines.
While our parish is taking precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we cannot guarantee that you will not become infected. Attending services may increase your risk of contracting COVID-19, especially if you are over 65-year's old or have an underlying health condition. By entering, you voluntarily assume this increased risk of exposure or potential infection with COVID-19. You also acknowledge that you be entering a parish that will be livestreaming it’s services online.